Friday, 24 June 2016
Posted by DON'T dis US at 07:09
Wednesday, 22 June 2016
Posted by DON'T dis US at 04:10
Thursday, 2 June 2016
Notes: Green Seniors meeting 31/6/2016
1. GS officers currently are Noel Lynch & Maureen Childs: Co-Chairs, Peter Murry: Blog Editor/Acting Secretary.
2. GS has paid a £15 to the National Pensioners’’ Convention http://npcuk.org/
3. Permissible level of savings for getting benefits (eg: ESA) now cut to £10,000.
4. Maureen attended 3D printing event: on 27th May 2016 at Fab Lab London. More details at https://www.fablabs.io/fablabl
5. Age UK event re resources for Seniors 3/6/16 see http://www.ageuk.org.uk/
6. Problems of finding affordable meeting venues in London noted, this affects several GP groups since Development House is no longer available.
7. Digital divide: Age platform Europe see http://www.age-platform.eu/images/stories/EN/pdf_AGE-media-A4-final-2.pdf
8. GS admin
a) Bank account needed, is there an ethical alternative to the Co-op? Treasurer needed.
b) Crowdfunder for GS (NL)
c) Leaflet exists (more copies for conference)
9 GP Autumn Conference (2-4 September at the University of Birmingham (Edgbaston Campus)).
· Digital divide/ digital training for Seniors
· Are Seniors being excluded and what the Greens do to help? Topics mentioned in this connection included
· Lack of Community Facilities, Public loos,
· Economic contribution of Seniors (£61bn on some estimates, .4m workers aged 65+).Role of grandparent in child care.
· Isolation(Social, economic, political)
· Seniors blamed for their problems (eg ’the burden of dependency’).
· Economics of care homes
· Financial exploitation
Possible speakers: J.Lambert, D.Bates, C. Russell, M.Scheimann -
Posted by DON'T dis US at 12:35